Friday, May 8, 2009

Senior year project-Writing with New Media

I thought I would make my last blog a time of sharing my youtube link and a list of the different kinds of equipment and software it took me to compile what I think is an impressive "first!"

Actually, there have been a number of first's. While, I have already mentioned that I have now begun to use folders as a more logical way to save files, this step isn't the only "first" that I will be able to remember and relate to our course, Writing with New Media.

It is also a "first" to use this size of jump-drive,
the "first" to experiement with audio,
a "first" in learning about 'MP3' format,
a "first" in learning the 'wav' format
a "first" in experimenting with mixing audio with video,
a "first" using a Mac laptop (Movie maker isn't compatible with Vista software),
a "first" in adding and editing music ,
a "first" in realizing just how much can be stored in a jump-drive (this was impressive!),
a "first" in learning that using transitions makes a video file become very professional,
and probably need to end with a "first" when mentioning that using news scans can be made to be just as professional as still pictures.

The equipment I used when compiling this project has been:
three regular PC's on two different campuses,
a Brother scanner (I think that name brand made all the difference in how clear the news scans were),
a Mac laptop to import and edit my music (movie maker doesn't appreciate the capabilities of Vista software),
a 16 GB jump-drive,
CD's and a DVR-W, and
my own digital camera.

The software I used comprised of:
picasa.org,
movie-maker,
audicity,
window's media player, and
photo story.

Please take time to view my completed work. The video file ended up being a little over five minutes, but is well worth your time.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=654sej-RB6I

No comments:

Post a Comment